A look at the headlines, or a visit to the National Cyber Awareness System alert system, will tell you that for any given week, there are dozens and dozens of newly identified vulnerabilities that cybercriminals can use to their advantage to exploit IT and OT resources. But while the cybersecurity landscape may seem dire—like trying to hit a moving target—it is possible to protect your organization from ransomware and other cyberattacks.
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail,” wrote Benjamin Franklin.
This adage is spot on when considering the right approach to cybersecurity readiness. Active preparation is the key to averting potential attacks on your organization’s resources.
Basics of Cybersecurity Preparation
The first step in cybersecurity preparation is to confirm that your organization is following the best practice basics.
- Requiring strengthened passwords
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Employing strong spam filters
- Updating software, including operating systems, applications, and firmware
- Implementing regular data backup procedures, including testing
Your organization should have already implemented these simple yet effective practices. These essentials are the tip of the spear to a strong cybersecurity position. But there does need to be some power behind that spear for these practices to be effective.
Security Operations Center
Beyond the basics, an active cybersecurity defense must be proactive by providing real-time protection and threat intelligence with a Security Operations Center (SOC). A SOC is capable of monitoring, preventing, detecting, investigating, and responding to cyber threats in real-time to protect your assets. A SOC allows your organization to mitigate the risks of cyberattacks preemptively. It is a necessity in today’s cybersecurity climate and it is the power behind your cybersecurity protection.
The Coretelligent Solution
Coretelligent’s CoreArmor is a holistic and robust platform that combines the functionality of a SOC with other essential security technologies. CoreArmor is a single cohesive solution that delivers around-the-clock expert monitoring and threat response and other IT security defenses.
CoreArmor’s protection combines:
- 24x7x365 intrusion detection monitoring and response by Coretelligent’s Security Operations Center (SOC) with human analysis.
- In-depth assessment to identify and address potential cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) and behavioral analysis and monitoring to provide real-time alerts and responses to incidents.
- Asset discovery and management to identify and resolve potential compliance gaps.
- Best-in-class phishing testing and comprehensive end-user cybersecurity training.